Terms & Conditions
Effective date: January 11, 2022
We collect the following information:
· Your name, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, date of birth, username, password, and any other contact and/or Account information that you provide us either through our Website, our events, or in-store;
· Information about the mobile or internet service provider you are using with your device to access the Website and/or send us messages, including name and IP address.
· The date, time, and content of any messages you send to us;
· For processing Credit/debit cards and other billing information, including cardholder transaction data, card numbers, expiration dates, billing addresses, and CVV codes; This data is not stored on AKA Dwelling servers or databases.
· We may contact you to participate in product testing. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include personal information.
· IP address and other technical information collected from the servers utilized by you or your vendors, such as information and data that is automatically collected upon visiting the Website (i.e., webpage HTTPS headers (home server domain names, internet protocol address, operating system type, browser type, and language) and information on what pages you access and other information about the way(s) in which you use the Website).
· Information provided on any application (including the App) or authorization, such as your location, your handset type, your UDID (unique handset code), and any other information you or your mobile device provides to us;
· Other information you provide to us when you use the Website or otherwise interact with us.
· Information listed above which we aggregate and/or anonymized so that it is not linked to you.
We collect information through one or more of the following ways:
· the completion of electronic forms found on the Website or on a third-party-hosted website, whether via computer or mobile device;
· the completion of paper forms provided to us;
· SMS (Short Message Service) messages sent via cell phone, or through email and other communications;
· telephone calls made to us, or vice versa;
· referring websites or third parties, including social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Google+ and others including by virtue of advertisements placed by us on websites maintained by those third parties;
· our affiliates such as shop.akadwelling Inc. Limited;
· the maintenance and analysis of Website server logs;
· “cookies” (small text files placed by us on your computer(s)), single-pixel GIF image files (also called “Web beacons”), Website server log analysis, and other similar technological means.
We collect information about your location based on:
· derivations made from the IP address from which you connect; and
We (and our service providers) use your Location Information to provide you with customized nearby services or value-added services (including marketing) that we think you’d like. Where possible, we may also use Location Information to enhance or localize content and services that you use. If you do not wish to share your GPS location with us, you can switch off GPS functionality on your mobile device. If you otherwise wish to withdraw your consent to us using cell ID data and GPS data, email us at email@example.com.
Certain portions of the Website require that you register for an account before being able to access them. On those portions of the Website that require registration, we collect information to create your account, as well as to determine specific content, products and services that will be of particular interest to you. By collecting and maintaining accurate information, we learn more about your interests and needs and are better able to provide you with such content and with offers for such products and services.
We use the information we collect:
· to authenticate and verify individual identities, including requests to exercise your rights under this policy.
· to provide customized information and offers of products and services, including to enable third party services to display customized content and advertising provided by us.
· to manage and communicate with you about your account with us, including responding to your questions and providing customer or technical support.
· for the purposes of processing payments and fulfilling orders for products or services placed by you, processing your request to use our interest-free payment plans, and order fulfillment and tracking.
· for statistical purposes.
· to publish feedback, personal testimonials, and other information in our editorial publications and online articles.
· to provide information about our company such as newsletters or other communications, and to deliver advertising and promotional information from our partners and third-party vendors.
· to improve our technologies including for the purpose of enhancing your experience on the Website.
· to provide marketing messages, promotions, offers of products and services and other content which we think will be of specific interest to you, where you have consented (or not opted out, as applicable).
· to process applications if you apply for a job that we post on our Website.
· to manage and secure our operations including for detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity; debugging to identify and repair errors with our Website; and auditing relating to interactions, transactions and other compliance activities.
· to enforce our agreements and policies
· to comply with our legal obligations.
We transfer your credit/debit card data in order to more easily provide services to you. We do not store any credit card information on our systems. If such credit/debit card and other billing information is collected and/or stored, such credit/debit card and other billing information will be collected and transferred over a secure connection in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements and is used only for processing underlying transactions.
Where you have consented (or not opted out, as applicable), we add your information to our databases to contact you through future emails, postal mailings and SMS text-messaging regarding site updates, upcoming events, new products, and services, and/or the status of orders placed online. We do not currently use geolocation for purposes of tracking your location when you use the Website, but we reserve the right to do so in the future in order to better target product and service offerings and other information to you.
When you sign up for an account with us, we will send you a welcome email. We will also communicate with you in response to your inquiries, provide any services you request, to provide newsletters or other updates that you request, and manage your account. In addition, when you register an account with us, you can consent to our contacting you by email and to receiving our email subscriptions, editorial emails, and advertorial emails (see below) from us. If at any time, you no longer want us to contact you by email and/or receive our email subscriptions, editorial emails, and advertorial emails, you can opt-out of these functions by changing the preferences in your Account. You can contact customer service by email, telephone, or postal mail at the contact information listed below to assist you with any such changes to your Account.
We reserve the right to rent or sell the information we collect from you to third parties.
We also share your information with certain third parties in other circumstances, including when complying with legal process, preventing fraud or imminent harm and/or ensuring the security of our network and services.
We will share certain of your information with third parties for the purposes of fulfilling orders for products or services placed by you. We will share your credit/debit card data only with those directly involved in the processing of the underlying transaction, and who maintain appropriate security measures designed to safeguard such information.
We will share your information with third parties, such as brand partners, to provide you with a product or service you have requested, or to invite you to an event. We may also share your information with business partners with whom we jointly offer products or services. In some cases, we will ask our partners to send event invitations on our behalf.
We will also share certain of your information with third parties for the purposes of providing you with newsletters or other communications.
We will provide you with direct access to functionality from other third parties, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Spotify, advertising networks and others. The placement of social media widgets, or advertising units on the Website can permit these third parties to see information about you and your activities via cookies, web beacons and other technologies they place and/or access on your browser or device, even if you do not interact with them.
In the event that we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition or sale of our assets, your personal information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information. We transfer your information as an asset in connection with a proposed or actual merger or sale (including any transfers made as part of an insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding) involving all or part of our business or as part of a corporate reorganization, stock sale, or other change in control.
We reserve the right to release information to law enforcement or other governmental officials as we, in our sole discretion, deem necessary to comply with applicable law.